THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO CLASSES SCHEDULED
This level includes more complicated exercises; the dog must be able to perform a variety of tasks and follow commands either by voice or signal. Exercises include:
- Heel Free and Figure Eight — this exercise is performed the same as Novice, but the dog is off-leash.
- Command Discrimination (Stand, Down, Sit) — this exercise is all about the dog responding correctly to the handler’s commands and/or signals. Handlers will be instructed by the judge to stand, down or sit their dog from varying distances. Handlers will be instructed by the judge to have their dog change positions three times. The second and third position change are with the handler 15 and 30 feet from the dog.
- Drop on Recall — the dog must promptly come to the handler when called from across the ring and on the handler’s command or signal to drop and remain in a down position until on a command or signal from the handler to resume coming to the handler.
- Retrieve on Flat — demonstrates a dog’s ability to retrieve an object from at least 20 feet promptly and return to the handler on command.
- Retrieve Over High Jump — the dog must go out over a jump, in order to retrieve a dumbbell and then promptly return to the handler with the dumbbell going back over the jump.
- Broad Jump — this exercise shows that the dog will stay in the position it is left until directed to jump. The dog must clear the jump on a single command or signal and return to the handler once the jump is complete.
- Stand Stay – Get Your Leash — – the principal feature of this exercise is that the dog stand and stay in position until the handler has returned to heel position.
CLICK ON AN IMAGE BELOW TO PURCHASE AND REGISTER FOR A CLASS
Required Forms for all Obedience Training classes
There are no products listed under this category.